This is one of the core modules of itmSUITE® and as such can be activated autonomously. It supports the creation and maintenance of a modern Configuration Management System, in line with recognised IT Management best practice and standards , in particular ITIL® e ISO/IEC 20000.
In particular, it makes it possible to manage both the hardware and software configuration elements and the relationships between them, both graphically and intuitively.
This module is perfectly integrated with the SM (Service Desk and Service Management) module and DE (Discovery Engine) core modules as well as other complementary modules.
This means you can really get the most out of your investment in the configuration system by making it available to other IT service management processes, which will reap the benefits of Configuration Management.
The main functions of the CMS module are:
- Flexible configuration of entity models, and the relationships and attributes of the configuration elements.
- Graphic production of IT Service mapping
- Navigation and advanced information searches
- Impact analysis
- Monitoring support of end-to-end status
- Reconciliation of information from external systems (via the RE module- Reconciliation Engine)