ItmCLOUD recognised the uniqueness and the importance of Release & Deployment Management many years before its competitors, by considering it not just as a variant of Change Management but as a separate entity. It is for this reason that the Release is managed directly using a specific process and that there is the possibility to connect it with any other process managed, even via work-flows ( e.g. Incident, Change etc). In this field the possibility to get the most out of the itmCLoud functions that derive from the Project Management support is also decisive. In fact, the management of Release & Deployment requires the ability to plan, co-ordinate and control the activities that are connected to each other in order to achieve a common goal, just like in a project.
The main characteristics of itmCLOUD®
- Support of the automation of the Release & Deployment process in line with the adopted ITIL® best practice and the ISO/IEC 20000 regulation.
- Automatic generation of the Release number
- Automatic generation and update of the deployment Changes of the Releases
- The integration and management of economic data related to the Change such as budget, final balance and forecast etc)
- Integration of the Release information with all the other information managed by itmCLOUD ( e.g. Change, Incident, project deliverables etc)
- Tracking of the activities
Main benefits deriving from the adoption of itmCLOUD®
- Change delivered more rapidly with minimisation of the risks and optimisation of the costs.
- Miglioramento della capacità di preparare gli utenti all'utilizzo dei nuovi Change
- Improvement in the ability to prepare users for the implementation of the new Changes.
- Helps meet requisites ( regulatory or company )
- Reduction in the number of unauthorized and/or failed Releases
- Protects the business from the unwanted side effects of Releases
- Helps meet regulation requisites (e.g. ISO/IEC 20000 certification), either legal or company ones, for Release & Deployment Management