itmCLOUD® offers a high level of automation for the Problem Management process. It is in fact this process that benefits the most from the advantages of the workflow engine which makes it possible to have no- compromise configuration in this field as well . The process also benefits greatly from the integrated capabilities of Project Management due to the nature of the necessary activities.
Main features of itmCLOUD®
- Availability of preconfigured process cartridges in line with relevant best practices (ITIL ®) and ISO/ IEC 20000 regulations
- Specific functions that are in line with best practice regarding Problem Management (eg. definition of the priorities of Problems on the basis of impact and urgency, the setting up of working groups with specific responsibilities and visibility for each single Problem, the possibility to integrate and manage financial data regarding Problems such as budget, final balance and forecast, etc.)
- Real-time visualization of process targets with graphic visualization of status (ex. RAG - Red Amber Green) and escalations managed automatically for a better responsiveness
- Automation of Problem management on the basis of external input (eg. events) or due to an event occuring internally on the itmCLOUD® platform (eg. automatic opening or update or closure of a Problem)
- Possibility to configure the automation of Problem processes, without compromises
Main benefits deriving from the adoption of itmCLOUD®
- Reduction of automation times of Problem Management
- Rise in the availability of ITservices due to reduction of number and duration of Incidents
- Increase in the productivity of IT staff due to reduction of unplanned work caused by Incidents (since less frequent)
- Reduction of costs caused by the creation of inefficient workarounds
- Better alignment between the activities of the dedicated IT staff dealing with Problem Management and the business priorities.
- Ability to better identify and exploit all possible ways to improve services, for example through integration with other processes such as Continual Service Improvement
- Helps to conform to regulatory or legal requirements, or internal ones regarding Incident Management